Dialogue of a seller of almanacs and a temporary
Vend. Almanacs, Almanacs new, new moon. Need, sir, almanacs?
Pass. Almanacs for the new year?
Vend . Yes sir.
Pass . Do you think this year will be happy again?
Vend . O illustrious, yes, of course.
Pass . As this past year?
Vend . More much more.
Pass . Like that there?
Vend . More more illustrious.
Pass . But like what else? There piacerebb'egli the new year was like any of these years?
Vend . No sir, I do not like.
Paas . How many years have passed since you sell new almanacs?
Vend . Will be twenty illustrious.
Pass . Which of Cotesta twenty years would you have looked like next year?
Vend . I? I do not know.
Pass . Do not you remember any particular year, there seemed happy?
Vend . No indeed, illustrious.
Pass . And yet life is a beautiful thing. Do you?
Vend . Cotesta know.
Pass . Do not you come back to live Cotesta twenty years, and also all the past, starting with which you were born?
Vend . Eh, sir, would to God that we could.
Pass . But if you had to redo the life you have made neither more nor less, with all the joys and sorrows that have passed?
Vend . Cotesta I would not.
Pass . Oh that you would like another life again? I've got life made it, or that of the prince, or whoever else? Or do not believe that I, and the prince, and anyone else like you would respond to the note, and that having to redo the same life that I did, nobody would want to go back?
Vend . I believe Cotesta.
Pass . Neither you also go back with this condition, unable in any other way?
Vend . Sir, no really, no returns.
Pass . Oh what a life would you then?
Vend . I want a life as God would send me, with no other terms.
Pass . A life at random, and do not find another forward, as we do not know of the new year?
Vend . Exactly.
Pass . So I would like even if I had to relive it all. But this is a sign that the case, until the end of this year has treated all wrong. And it is clear that each is of opinion that it was more evil or more weight that his was that good, and if so long to get back the old life with all its good and its bad, nobody wants to be reborn. That life which is a beautiful thing, is not the life that you know, but what you do not know, not the past life, but the future. Coll'anno again, the case will begin to treat you well and me and everyone else, and principierà happy life. Do you?
Vend . Hopefully.
Pass . So show me the almanac better than you.
Vend . Here, most illustrious. Cotesta worth thirty cents.
Pass . That's thirty cents.
Vend . Thank you, illustrious: to see her again. Almanacs, Almanacs new, new moon.
G. Leopardi
0 comments:
Post a Comment