Friday, August 27, 2010

Pulid-601787-3.0 Pinnacle Tv

and Hunger Games Suzanne Collins!



Hello!


's been several months after publication of Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in its Italian version (Knopf), and while we poor mortals inhabitants of the boot await the second volume, American / Anglo-Saxon countries has just released the third and final volume of the series.

Let 'to refresh your memory at least those who can not remember the plot of the first book ...


The first cover is Italian, the second is the original American and the third is English.



When Katniss screams "I offer a voluntary offer myself as a voluntary tax," he knows he has just signed his death sentence. It is the day of the extraction of the participants in the Hunger Games, a reality show is organized every year by Capitol City with only one rule: kill or die. Each district must draw a boy and a girl between 12 and 18 who will be thrown in the arena to fight to the death. It survived only one, the best, the strongest, but also what the audience is won, the sponsors, the audience. Katniss belongs to District 12, one of the miners, what they did Hunger Games won only twice in 73 editions, and he knows he has little chance of succeeding. But he offered in place of her younger sister and will do everything to return to her. Since its beginning has struggled to live and will do so again this time. In his team there is also Peet, a nice guy but not what it takes to succeed. He is determined to keep intact their feelings before the cameras and declares to be in love with Katniss. But in the Hunger Games are not friends, no affections, there is no room for love. Must know how to choose and, above all, to win you need to know how to lose, give up everything that makes you Man.

SOURCE

This book does read in a whisper, and the idea of a sinister Big Brother used to subdue the population is disturbing to the right place, like a pessimistic intuition with modern times .
The only detail that bothered me is the use of a first-person present tense.

As soon as I opened the book and saw the first sentence: "When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. Extension ... " I decided that I would not read. As a matter of personal preference of writing usually I can hardly tolerate it. I gave up on the table and move on. Fortunately, the plot continued to haunt me and after a couple of days I made another attempt that went better.
In ten hours I finished and I hope to read more.

I also heard that they're going to make a movie ... for now I'll see this fan made trailer which makes it a good idea!


In Italy the second book, Catching fire , is scheduled for October but I'm not going to buy it (for that old Mondadori vote to avoid like the plague, not because of the Berlusca but for the marketing policy on the covers ... I do not forget to City of Glass Cassandra Clare ... anger that my mom!)

why I ordered all the books in English on play.com ( HERE )
a bit uncomfortable with the language but the money does not do the Mondadori! In addition, English books are half price and this can only please me.

Here is a brief description of the other two books:


http://giotto.ibs.it/cop/copamj.asp?e=9780545310598
The plot in English contains spoilers for those who have not read the primo libro.
Lettore avvisato, mezzo salvato!
 
After winning the brutal Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen returns to her district, hoping for a peaceful future. But Katniss starts to hear rumours of a deadly rebellion against the Capitol. A rebellion that she and Peeta have helped to create. As Katniss and Peeta are forced to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. Unless Katniss and Peeta can convince the world that they are still lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. This is the terrifying sequel to The Hunger Games.


 
http://giotto.ibs.it/cop/copamj.asp?e=9780545310604  

Against all odds, has SURVIVED Katniss Everdeen The Hunger Games twice. But Now That She's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge ... This thrilling final installment of this ground-breaking trilogy promises to be one of the Most talked-about books of the year .


look forward to my order and I hope to have any of you interested in purchasing.
Perhaps there is no need to say that YA books, so for boys, it is obvious that we can not expect high literature, but pieces of the story is quite compelling. Even Stephen King has spoken positively of the first book .. I can assure you that it is not a trivial matter (if they have paid handsomely for a positive review).

"[The Hunger Games] is a violent, jarring, speed-rap of a novel That Generates Nearly constant suspense ... I could not stop reading."
- Stephen King, Entertainment Weekly Review
The entire review can be found here http://
www.ew.com/ ew / article / 0,, 20223443.00. html

the next
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment